The security guarantee covers the homeowner if someone breaks in through an ‘Ultimate’ patio or bi-fold door (apart from entry gained by breaking through the glass). We will pay £500 compensation to the homeowner and also arrange for the patio door to be repaired or replaced as necessary.
Alternatively for more information about our Secured by Design approved Ultimate product range, please call 01772 698222 or email email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
- The guarantee is valid for a period of 10 years from registration and is fully transferable.
- The guarantee registration must be fully completed (i.e. the registration completed by the installer and returned to Sliders UK) within 14 days of the installation date. It takes effect from the date on which Sliders UK receives the registration form – a date stamped copy will be returned to the installer and their customer by post.
- It is the responsibility of the installation company to contact Sliders UK if they do not receive the confirmation within 21 days of posting the form – Sliders UK accepts no responsibility if forms are not received along with the payment of £15. End-users should contact their installation company if they do not receive confirmation that their patio door has been registered within 35 days of the installation date.
- £1500 will be the maximum amount payable. The amount provided for the replacement of the patio door set depends upon the value of the initial installation. The amount provided under the Security Guarantee by Sliders UK will be the full and final settlement of any claims.
- The Security Guarantee is valid only if the Sliders UK installation guidelines have been accurately followed by the installer, the patio door has been correctly used and maintained by the end-user, and was fully secured at the time of the break-in (please see overleaf for instructions about maintenance and fully securing the door).
- The Security Guarantee will become void if the patio door set is the subject of any modification, repair or alteration that is undertaken without obtaining prior written approval from Sliders UK.
- Your Ultimate patio door must be securely closed (not in night vent position, if available) and locked with the keys provided. The two spring bolts fitted at each of the interlocks must be fully engaged. See overleaf for instructions about how to ensure that the door is fully secure. If the door is not fully secured as per the instructions at the time of a break-in, the security guarantee is void.
- The guarantee excludes any break-in where entry has been gained by smashing the glass.
- The patio door must be fitted by a competent installer and in accordance with Sliders UK’s fitting instructions.
- In the event of a break-in where a Sliders UK Ultimate patio door that has been registered for the Security Guarantee, you must contact your installer with full details and a police crime number.
- If upon inspection it is found that the Ultimate patio door was correctly installed, secured and maintained at the time of break-in, but failed during the break-in, Sliders UK will then issue the relevant payment. Payment will be made in two parts; (i) £500 to the registered claimant and (ii) payment of up to £1000 to the company that installed the patio door for replacement or repair of the damage caused during the break-in.
- Claims are subject to the property being occupied and furnished.
- Only one claim per household can be made during the guarantee period, and notification of any claim must be made to Sliders UK within 90 days of the break-in.
- The security guarantee is applicable to UK and Eire residents only.
- Any queries regarding this guarantee should be made in writing to: Sliders UK Ltd, Unit 232, Oldfield Road, Walton Summit, Bamber Bridge, Lancashire, PR5 8BG.